Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My First Novel

I am home for the holidays. What is home to me? Tough question. I was born in San Bernardino, CA and soon moved to Pittsburgh, PA at age 3. I have lived in "the burgh" most of my life and eventually went to Penn State only 2 hours away. About two years ago, my mom was offered a really nice job all the way out in Reading, CA. My mom always taught me never to pass up great opportunities, so she definitely took the job. I did not want to live in California though because all my lifetime friends were on the east coast. Fortunately for me, my older half sister and her fiance moved into a big house right down the street from my old house. What luck! They invited me to live there so I could stay in touch with my Pittsburgh life and get to and from school with ease. Every christmas though, I have made it a tradition to fly out to Cali, spend time with my birth giver, and relax.

So here I reside momentarily, in Cali with way to much time on my hands. During the long flight that I had to embark on, a great idea for a book had SLAPED me in the face. I had instantly began planning out the plot for my first novel. I arrived at my mom's house in Reading, CA on Sunday night. As of now, I have 6957 words so far. I will keep you all informed of my progress. One rule I have made myself though is to not tell ANYONE what the book will be about until it is done and hopefully published. As I say to myself everytime before I get into the writing zone, its crunch time!






2 comments:

  1. i began my "writing career" 2 years ago and will be completing the final chapters of my first novel in late 2010. It is definately a long, tiring process but the end result will be worth it. What's the novel about?
    I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Good luck with your writing as well.

    ReplyDelete